Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

fast food

Your life seems upside down. Simply put. With the lack of sleep and the constant needs your baby demands from you makes your time very limited these days. Since when did having a 5-10minute shower (if your lucky) become an escape and you time. Ahh to remember the days of soaking in a bubble bath with sea salts, candles and enjoying the pleasure of relaxing for an hour and a half of pure pampering. I have been aching for a long bath of just me time...I honestly can say I have no idea when I will have that long of time to just sit there again and indulge of the sweet scent of vanilla and feel completely at peace.

However on a plus sign; we must burn a number of calories every day from breast feeding, walking our beautiful babies to sleep or trying to get them to calm down from gas pains. So even if you aren't doing any exercise trying to be super mom does contribute. Doing the laundry and cleaning the house while your baby sleeps, walking up and down those stairs numerous times a day, even when she's awake and we make those awkward baby faces your at least stretching your face muscles. Ha. Listen to me trying to find the easy way out. If only I could. Speaking about gawking and making weird faces at babies just to make them smile...how did that become so natural to us all. We all do it, I mean really our babies must be truly only smiling and laughing at us because they are thinking we look like complete fools. If someone came up to me and did the same thing I'd just laugh and think they were an idiot too.

So I've been super good about eating healthy since the day Ashlyn was born...but yesterday...yes yesterday we were out all day, so when we were hungry and in a rush to my parents house since we were about an hour and a half late...Wendy's Burgers it was. So I told myself that I had been good and not to feel bad...one slip up wouldn't hurt...and then dinner time came and cooking well it just didn't happen. Instead the pizza delivery guy showed up with a large half cheese, half pepperoni...yummy! At least it was thin whole wheat crust...but still. Oh well I've already done it...but 2 fast food meals...not the best decision. This wouldn't be an issue before baby in my pre-baby body, after all I think everything within moderation...but only if your body is healthy and in good shape. Blah Blah Blah...

Walking just means it got doubled...and in the heat. What was I thinking...I wasn't!

1 comment:

  1. OH boy..the shower time...yes.
    My girls are almost 2 and 5 and I STILL long for that quiet shower time. it is my only escape...except erika insists on opening the shower door the whole time screaming at me b/c she wants to come in. I can lock her out but the peace of the alone time is gone when your 21mo old is banging on the door! LOL...

    ReplyDelete